1 - 25 of 206 results
Refine Your Search
- Arts and Culture (6)
- Businesses (37)
- Conservation (1)
- Decoy (2)
- Elections (1)
- Events (2)
- Finance (1)
- Health and Medicine (2)
- Legal Process (37)
- Legislation (2)
- Local History (2)
- Movie Theatre (1)
- Music (1)
- Natural History (1)
- Nature (5)
- Object (20)
- Organizations (9)
- Organzations (3)
- People (27)
- Places (4)
- Politics (2)
- Recreation (6)
- Religion (1)
- Structures (77)
- Test Entry (3)
- Tourism (1)
- Transportation (4)
- Vessels (13)
- none (25)
- Bangor (1)
- Bar Harbor (3)
- Bear Island (3)
- Cadillac Mountain (1)
- Hall Quarry (4)
- Mount Desert Island (49)
- Mount Desert Rock (17)
- Northeast Harbor (22)
- Somesville (1)
- Southwest Harbor (2)
- United States (1)
- none (102)
- 1870s (1)
- 1880s (1)
- 1900s (31)
- 1910s (3)
- 1920s (5)
- 1930s (52)
- 1940s (2)
- 1950s (3)
- 1970s (1)
- 2010s (1)
- none (106)
- zoomable (1)
|1588||Carlton Taylor outside of the Municipal Building with the Fire Company Vehicles, circa 1955|
Carlton Taylor standing in front of the Municipal Building, Northeast Harbor, with the vehicles of the Northeast Harbor Fire Company lined up.
|1579||Proposal Rendering for Northeast Harbor Development, circa 1928|
18" high, 53 3/4" long Part of a larger project to redesign the northern part of Main Street, Northeast Harbor. Charles Sumner Frost was a summer resident in Northeast Harbor.
|1590||Glass Plate Negative, Mount Desert Rock|
Glass plate negative, Mount Desert Rock. Image shows a man standing up and rowing in a double-ended boat. Two additional rowboats are visible in the background. The negative is stored in an envelope that appears to have once been used for another negative. It reads Mt. Desert Lt. Sta., Aug. 1907 No. 7.e. Oil-House, S.W. Derrick, Capt. J. Robinson's vessel. Looking West.
|1571||American Legion men standing next to the Firehouse, Northeast Harbor|
Members of the Lurvey-Wright Post of the American Legion standing to the south of the firehouse, Northeast Harbor. A key accompanying this photograph gives the names of some of the men, including Lyle Wescott, Jack Reynolds, Gerald Sr. [Gerald Norwood, Sr], Arthur Walls, Zip Ober, James Bunker, Larry Wass, Bill Cripps, John Manchester, Arthur Eaton, H. Suminsby, and ____ McCrae.
|1589||Display Case with adjustable shelves|
Oak display case with adjustable glass shelves, once used in Mrs. Tracy's Shop, Northeast Harbor, and later used in Mrs. Pervear's Shop, Northeast Harbor. Before being donated to the museum it was used in Pine Bough Antiques, Northeast Harbor. Mirror-paneled doors on the backside open, providing access to the interior space. Three draws are accessible from the back.
|1214||Hooked Rugs C. B. Murphy Sold to Summer People|
|1587||Fire trucks parked in front of the Municipal Building, Northeast Harbor, circa 1935|
Two fire engines parked in front of the Municipal Building, Northeast Harbor. A bus is parked the left of the Municipal Building, parked closer to Manchester Brothers' Garage. This photograph was taken following the remodeling of the facade of the the Municipal Building, which took place in 1934.
|1586||Northeast Harbor Fire Company's First Ambulance in Front of the Municipal Building|
Two photos of the Northeast Harbor Fire Company's first ambulance, a 1939 Packard, in front of the Municipal Building, Main Street. In one photograph three men stand in front of the ambulance. They are identified as: Fred Kimball, Larry Wass, and Elliott Kimball Copy of photograph taken by Ronald Chase
|1585||Northeast Harbor Fire House, Winter of 1954|
Town of Mount Desert Municipal Building and Northeast Harbor Firehouse, winter of 1954. Two fire engines are visible through the windows of the doors. The sign over the left door reads "W.S. Grant, Jr., Ladder No. 1" and over the right reads "Engine No. 1" Photograph by Ronald Chase
|1584||Christmas Decorations at the Municipal Building, Northeast Harbor|
Mount Desert Town Office, and Northeast Harbor Fire Station decorated for Christmas, circa 1950. The car to the left has been identified as a 1949-1951-era Ford.
|1583||Blueprint Elevation and Floor Plans for the Municipal Building, Main Street, Northeast Harbor|
Two sheets of blueprints for the proposed municipal building and firehouse on Main Street, Northeast Harbor. One sheet shows Front and Side Elevations (west and south). The top of the drawing is labeled "Building Fire-House, Northeast Harbor, Town of Mt. Desert. I.E. Ralph, Architect. To the right of the elevation drawings is a partial section of the wall and roof. The other sheet shows the first and second floor plans, as well as a partial section of the building denoting the sizes and types of wood to be used. The first floor has space for the fire department, as well as a heater room and toilet, while the second floor has a large Selectmens' Office in the front, unfinished space behind, and a small toilet room. Both sheets are roughly 24" x 36" [show more]
|1582||Hooked rug with modified diamond pattern|
Hooked rug with modified diamond pattern Dimensions 27.5"x53.5"
|1580||Hooked Rug with Motorboat|
Hooked rug showing a motorboat underway, with flags flying. The boat shares notable similarities with the Maine Seacoast Mission Vessel "Sunbeam I" Rug dimensions are 24"x51", appears to be rebound using green fabric.
|1581||Hooked rug with diamond pattern|
Hooked rug with diamond pattern 38"x60"
|1536||Half model of a Luders 16 Sloop|
Half model of a sloop, perhaps a Luders 16, with a Genoa jib, made by Robert L. Smallidge Sr. of Northeast Harbor. Model's hull is varnished, and uses various wood types for topsides, waterline, and bottom, while the sails are painted white. The model and sails are mounted on a pine board. On the back of the model is #6, R.L. Smallidge, N.E. Harbor, Me.
|1576||Luere Babson Deasy|
Luere B. Deasy was born on February 8, 1859 in Gouldsboro to Daniel and Emma L. (Moore) Deasy. He was educated at the State Normal School in Castine. He did not attend college, but received a law degree from Boston University Law School. Deasy was admitted to the Bar in 1884. Prior to sitting on the Court, Deasy practiced in Bar Harbor. Deasy served as President of both the Hancock County Bar Association and the Maine State Bar Association. He was elected to the Maine State Senate and served as its President. Deasy was appointed an Associate Justice of the Supreme Judicial Court by Governor Milliken on September 25, 1918. On October 1, 1929, he was appointed Chief Justice by Governor Gardiner. He served as Chief until his retirement on February 7, 1930, when he returned to private practice in Bar Harbor. Deasy died on March 13, 1940, in Portland, at the age of 81. Sources: In Memoriam, Luere B. Deasy, 138 ME 371; James H. Mundy, Presidents of the Maine State Senate from 1820, Secretary of the Senate of Maine, 1979. See also article about Deasy at: http://mdihistory.org/wp-content/uploads/Horner.pdf [show more]
|1573||Glass Plate Negative Set Mount Desert Rock|
|1277||Photograph Northeast Livery|
|1570||Glass Plate Negative, Mount Desert Rock|
Two men work on the steam engine, perhaps in the boathouse, at the Mount Desert Rock Light Station. Written on the negative envelope is "Steam Engine, N.G." underneath "Broken Pl[--]" which has been crossed out.
|1569||Glass Plate Negative, Mount Desert Rock|
West-Southwest view of the buildings at the Light Station at Mount Desert Rock. In the foreground are broad ledges upon which the buildings are built To the left is the brick oil house, not far from the granite light tower, which has its shutters open. In the background the keepers' houses are visible, as are other small buildings.
|1568||Glass Plate Negative, Mount Desert Rock|
Workshops and buildings at Mount Desert Rock Light Station. Two of these buildings are the workshops of [First Name] Dodge and [First Name] Newman. At the far right a cloths-drying tree is visible. The smaller buildings may be outhouses. Large granite boulders occupy the foreground.
|1567||Glass Plate Negative, Mount Desert Rock|
View of the light station at Mount Desert Rock, behind large piles of broken granite. At the left is the double tenement, with the single house immediately next door. Connecting these dwellings with the tower are walkways, both covered and uncovered. Written on the negative envelope is No. 5.
|1566||Glass Plate Negative, Mount Desert Rock|
View of buildings at Mount Desert Rock Light Station. At the extreme left, the tower wall is visible, as is the horn. The brick oil house is at the center of the photo, and the bell tower is visible in the background. A clothes line, with laundry hanging, extends from the tower to an unidentified white building. Some of the emulsion on this negative is coming off, causing large dark spots. Written on the negative envelope is "No. 5" [show more]
|1565||Glass Plate Negative, Mount Desert Rock|
View looking south toward the lighthouse tower at Mount Desert Rock. In the foreground walkways, both covered and uncovered, are visible. A picket fence is visible to the far right, while a small building is visible at the extreme left.
|1564||Glass Plate Negative, Mount Desert Rock|
Captain Van Norden's Friendship sloop with four men aboard passes by the light station at Mount Desert Rock.